1. Keep it simple. The power of good
design is in its simplicity. Define the essence.
2. Don't be seduced by form versus
content. The designer concerned with content is
more likely to make a meaningful contribution
than the designer who is primarily concerned
3. Make sure you clearly identify the
problem that needs solving and that you are not
simply icing the cake. The final appearance is
only the icing.
4. The most important aesthetic
consideration is transmission speed. If it takes
too long to download, go back to the drawing
5. Learn to communicate and
collaborate with all the key Web professions:
engineering, production, editorial, commercial.
6. Remember it always takes twice as
long as you think it's going to.
7. Finally remember this while designing: